Inside a Writer's Mind

Inside a Writer's Mind
“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” -- Oscar Wilde

Friday 30 December 2011

My Philosophy For Living

I was having a conversation last night with a friend and we were talking about what it is each of us considers to be important in life, which led onto to what we think the purpose of this existence is (other than buying as many brand name products on as much credit as we can access).

And I managed to distill what I believe the meaning or purpose of life is, down into a sentence. (Be it a rather long one).

Here goes:

At this point in my journey I believe the meaning or purpose of life is to identify my fears (some of which include: flying, public speaking, disapproval, being emotionally vulnerable, being a poor partner and/or father, handling confrontation poorly), work towards and through confronting and overcoming those fears, and therein discover my passion/s (some of which include writing, travel, meeting new people, experiencing new cultures) and then pursue and use those passions to inspire and encourage other people to confront their fears and pursue their passions; the byproduct of all this is growth.

Keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment